Are you ready to embrace an accounting career as your profession? Our Master of Commerce in Accounting course from institutes under Sha-Shib Group is for students who want to increase their skills in the field of accounting.
Why Choose Our M.Com in Accounting?
Advanced Curriculum: Our curriculum is updated in time periods and covers advanced accounting subjects such as financial management, taxation, auditing and more. Stay updated in the ever changing field of accounting.
Expert Faculty: The presence of tenured faculty members can help students get exposed to common industry practices and can be beneficial to them, when they work in a multinational company.
Specialisation Options: Achieve your career goals with specialisation options such as financial accounting, management accounting or taxation. Become a reputed expert in your chosen field.
Practical Experience: Achieve experience through case studies and office projects. Apply your knowledge in real-world situations and build a pathway for your career.
Networking Opportunities: Collaborate with fellow students and industry professionals through our network. Establish relationships that increase the number of job opportunities.
Career Advancement: With an M.Com in Accounting, be ready for leadership roles in finance across various industries. Open the doors for high returns and career growth.
Global Perspective: This course increases the proximity towards best accounting practices, gearing up for global opportunities and challenges.
Research Opportunities: Know your abilities through the field of accounting by taking part in research projects and academic publications.
Overview of M.Com in Accounting
The post graduation course complies fundamentals of accounting to delve into complex financial concepts, taxation, auditing, and more. The course provides the ability to analyse financial data, make informed decisions, and contribute effectively to an organisation's financial health. Dive deep into advanced accounting principles, financial management, taxation and auditing towards making data-driven decisions in future organisation.
To be eligible for application, candidates must have secured 50% marks in their bachelor's degree and preferably graduating in B.Com itself.
The core subjects covered are qualitative techniques and statistical analysis within the realm of abstract concepts, time series analysis, and statistical analysis. The common electives are advanced management accounting, international taxation, financial statement analysis, or others based on specialisation.
Semester 1: Foundation Courses
- Financial Accounting
- Advanced financial statement preparation
- Accounting for mergers and acquisitions
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Managerial Accounting
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Budgeting and variance analysis
- Activity-based costing (ABC)
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Ethical principles in accounting
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Governance mechanisms and practices
- Quantitative Techniques in Accounting
- Statistical analysis in financial decision-making
- Time series analysis
- Regression analysis
Semester 2: Specialisation Courses
- Advanced Financial Management
- Capital budgeting and investment decisions
- Risk management and derivatives
- International finance
- Taxation Laws
- Income tax laws and regulations
- Corporate taxation
- Tax planning and compliance
- Advanced Auditing
- Audit risk assessment
- Auditing of financial institutions
- Forensic accounting and fraud examination
- Accounting Information Systems
- Database management systems
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Internal control and system auditing
Semester 3: Elective Courses and Research
- Elective 1 (e.g., Advanced Management Accounting, International Taxation, Financial Statement Analysis, or others based on specialisation)
- Elective 2 (Choose from a list of advanced accounting or finance courses)
- Research Methodology
- Research design and methodology
- Data collection and analysis
- Thesis proposal development
Semester 4: Thesis and Project Work
- Thesis Research and Writing
- Independent research on a chosen accounting topic
- Thesis presentation and defence
- Project Work
- Practical application of accounting concepts in a real-world setting
- Report and presentation
Future Prospects and Career
Key Job Opportunities for M.Com in Accounting Graduates includes Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Financial Analyst, Financial Manager,Tax Consultant, and academic roles. The evolution of technology has changed the accounting profession into one of high paying ones.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to succeed in your accounting career. Join our M.Com in Accounting program and get hired by a world of opportunities. Take that successful step towards a brighter financial future today!
Ready to Learn More?
Contact the institutes under Sha-Shib Group to request more information and start your journey towards a rewarding career in accounting.